Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Getting Started...

Trying to figure this blog out NOW, so that it's "smooth sailing" while I'm away at Semester at Sea [SAS].

Here are a few links if you would like to look at my itinerary, or check out the ship details (I'm staying on Deck 3), or even skim through some sample field programs I could be doing!

As my 'About Me' says, internet is hard to come by. The MV Explorer has a computer lab and wifi, however I'm only granted 125 minutes for the entire 107 day voyage! This time will be consumed with trying to stay in contact with all of you, research activities to do while in port, homework assignments, and the occasional brief social media visit! E-mail is the best form of communication and if you use this address brianna.healy.f12@semesteratsea.org, it doesn't use up any of my minutes!!


I've started moving out of my Boston apartment slowly (AKA packed a SUV full with clothes and shoes...) and just received my large suitcases which will hold my life for a few months! If anyone has done some long-distance traveling or anything remotely similar to Semester at Sea, please leave a comment with advice for packing...Any advice, big or small, is greatly appreciated!


WARNING: There may be an obscene amount of boat humor/puns in this blog :)


[This is going to be me Aug 23! Waving au revoir to sad Mom & Dad]

1 comment:

  1. i am so happy you are starting a blog to document your trip! that was one thing i was going to tell you to do! i love you so much and am so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete